Owning a European vehicles means that you expect to get the most out of your vehicle. But after a few years, noticing that your vehicle has decreased its fuel efficiency can be concerning. You may be wondering why, and if there's anything that needs to be serviced in order to restore your vehicle's fuel economy back to its best.
In reality, if your fuel efficiency has decreased there are probably a few services that you are due for. Let's take a look at some of the services and maintenance items that can help boost your fuel efficiency and get your vehicle running at its best again.
- Replace your air filter - a dirty or clogged air filter will end up restricting air flow to the engine which can hurt your fuel efficiency overall along with performance.
- Worn or dirty spark plugs can also lead to a decrease in fuel efficiency due to constant engine misfiring. Your vehicle's owner's manual will better inform you of when these should be replaced, but an expert at our shop can always take a look and determine if its time to change them.
- Ensure that your vehicle's tire inflation is set correctly. Driving with under inflated tires can put more strain on the tires leading to less fuel efficiency, and can put you at risk for tire blow outs.
- Lightening the load of your vehicle can also help when it comes to fuel efficiency. If you have a ton of junk in the trunk, you could be weighing down your vehicle. When you lighten the total load of your car, you'll get better fuel economy.
- Changing your driving habits is another key way that you can positively increase your fuel economy. Driving more responsively and refraining from slamming on the brakes and gas can significantly help.
- Have one of our mechanics check your vehicle's thermostat. Faulty thermostats can cause issues when it comes to fuel efficiency.
- Making sure that your wheels are aligned can also help improve fuel economy.
These are just some of the ways in which you can save yourself money on fuel and increase over efficiency. If you have any questions about your vehicle's fuel economy, we invite you into Taverna European Auto Repair for friendly assistance today!